WHAT IS PRANCING PONIES LEADERSHIP ABROAD ACADEMY?
Prancing Ponies Leadership Abroad Academy sends up to 10 girls abroad each summer for 7 weeks to learn life and leadership skills. The Academy accepts applications from girls who are in their 3rd year of an engineering or automotive University program in the US and around the world.
The Academy focuses on five areas of education:
- Communications: Monetizing and selling ideas. Cross-cultural team dynamics. Self-brand management. Presentation skills.
- Financial: Budgeting money and managing a simulated investment account
- Critical Thinking: Learning how to use their intuition as a decision-making tool and conflict resolution
- Mentoring: Individualizing their learning experience and providing guidance to assist with the adjustment of living abroad and information integration
- Language: Learning and applying basic level of foreign language skills throughout Academy
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications for the 2017 Prancing Ponies Foundation Leadership-abroad Academy is now closed. Applications for next year’s Academy will be available on December 1, 2017. Please click here to provide us your contact information for updates.
Below are requirements to apply to next year’s Academy.
- No history of international travel
- Age 18 by March 2018
- High school graduate by June 2018
- Accepted into Engineering or Automotive program by May 2018
- Eligible to apply for a USA passport
- Available for the Academy dates of June 18, 2018 – July 31, 2018
The application process will consist of the following phases:
Phase I The application:
a. Written biography and resume (why you are a good fit for the program and what is your plan for optimizing your experience abroad)
b. Two recommendation letters (one from a current teacher and/or program manager and one from your parent/guardian)
c. Academic transcript
d. Financial certification
Phase II Verification/Validation:
Once your application has been reviewed and considered for progression through the process we will verify and validate all information provided including financial status. You may receive additional questions about the information provided during this phase.
Phase III In-Person interview:
All applicants are required to complete an in-person interview for consideration to the Leadership-Abroad Academy. Applicants will be contacted to meet the Prancing Ponies Interview team for an in-person interview via email.
Phase IV Acceptance/Decline:
All applicants will be informed of their acceptance/decline via email on or before February 1, 2018.
If you’d like to receive updates please email our Leadership-Abroad Academy team.